This rear view will be changing.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Today we broke ground for the addition.

Mike arrived at about 8 this morning. He marked out where the foundation would go. Shortly there after the excavator arrived and they went to work. I brought the girls up to the roost to try to calm them. Needless to say, we could feel the ground being removed and it caused plenty angst for about the first hour or so. I'll add posts of our progress. I'm sure Vance will be very surprised at the hole in the ground and no doubt will see the big dirt mound. I think it will be like a giant magnet, lol.

Here's where both Bill and I agree, a pro gets more done in one day than the two of us in two or three days. Mike wrapped up at about 4, so he could go and price out items that will be a part of the completed project. I like the fact that I won't need Aleve, a hot soak in the tub, etc. I'm ready for Vance and Arya to come and spend the day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, Jean! So exciting! I didn't know you guys were going to add on! Did you design it yourself? And way to go on hiring the work out. I'm sure it will end up costing less in headaches, body aches, and brain cramps. If I know you, you two will still be involved in many of the details and finishings so save your sweet body for that. Good luck!

azgrammybragpage said...

It looks great and you obviously put in a lot of work to secure the deck/yard for the little ones and 4-leggers too to keep them out of harm's way! Hope the weather cooperates for pouring - we went a long time without our driveway, etc. at Kamloop because of below freezing temps - hopefully this unusually warm winter works in your favor!